FREE Economy shipping: orders $79+ & Gift Baskets | Free Cold shipping: orders $150+ (Ontario only) | We ship Canada-wide | Curbside Pickup Available
Refrigerated Shipping Guide
HOW DO I BUY SOMETHING THAT REQUIRES REFRIGERATION?
- Make sure to select the refrigerated shipping option at checkout.
- We are not able to ship to PO boxes or remote areas.
When do refrigerated orders ship?
- Mondays and Tuesdays only.
- We don’t ship closer to the weekend to avoid spoilage in case of unforeseen delays.
How much do you charge for refrigerated shipping?
- Free shipping – Minimum order of $150 – Shipping to SW & Central Ontario
- $15 Flatrate – No minimum – Shipping to Central Quebec
- $25+ Flatrate – No minimum – Shipping to all other provinces
The rate is based on your postal code. We reserve the right to cancel orders to rural or remote locations if we are unable to find a suitable shipping rate.
What does the refrigerated shipping rate include?
- Courier shipping via UPS or Purolator (transit time of 1-2 business days).
- Insulated box (curbside recyclable) + ice packs.
How long will the products stay cold during transportation?
- Depending on the season, the ice pack and insulation last 24h to 36h during summer months and 48h to 72h in winter months.
- Adding frozen products (such as vegan meat alternatives) to the order will help keep things cold longer.
How do I track my order?
- Once your order has shipped you will receive a tracking number via email.
- We suggest tracking your shipment to ensure your package does not sit in a hot mailbox or on a sunny front porch.
- UPS and Purolator offer free services that can be accessed via the tracking result page
- UPS My Choice lets you pass delivery instructions on to the driver
- Purolator Your Way for SMS notifications and more
Will products spoil when shipments get delayed and what happens if they do?
- Refrigerated vegan products such as meat and cheese alternatives are not generally considered hazardous foods by public health (unlike real cheese or meat).
- Temporary changes in temperature do not generally compromise the safety of the product.
- If you are worried about your order, we ask that you email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your case and find an amicable solution.
How do I dispose of the shipping materials?
- Our insulated liner is entirely plastic-free and curbside recyclable.
- The gel ice packs are non-toxic and very sturdy. Use them to keep your lunch cold and reuse them as often as you want.
- If you would like to dispose of them, the liquid can be poured down the drain. The plastic can be recycled (where applicable).