How much do you charge for refrigerated shipping?
- Refrigerated shipping starts at $15 and applies to most of Ontario and Quebec.
- The rate goes up to $35 for remote locations in BC, Alberta, etc.
- The rate gets calculated automatically based on your postal code.
What does the refrigerated shipping rate include?
- The rate includes express shipping via one of our couriers to get your products to you as fast as possible (usually within 1-2 business days)
- The rate also includes curbside recyclable insulation material and a large gel ice pack (which is colder than ice) to keep your products cold during transportation
How long will the products stay cold during transportation?
- Depending on the season, the ice pack and insulation last 24h to 36h during summer months and 48h to 72h in winter months.
- Adding frozen products (such as vegan meat alternatives) to the order will help keep things cold longer.
When do refrigerated orders ship?
- Refrigerated orders generally only ship Mondays and Tuesdays. We do not ship later in the week to avoid orders sitting in a courier warehouse over the weekend in case of unforeseen delays
- If you ship to anywhere between Toronto and London, ON we may use an alternate shipper called ShipperBee to ship your order on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
How do I track my order?
- Once your order has shipped you will receive a tracking number via email
- Most often, we ship your refrigerated order via UPS or Purolator.
- UPS and Purolator offer extra services that can be accessed via the tracking result page: Signup with ‘UPS My Choice’ for free to pass delivery instructions on to the driver and other services and signup with ‘Purolator Your Way’ for SMS notifications and more
- If you are close to us, we might have shipped your order via ShipperBee. You will receive automated tracking emails from them directly
Will products spoil when shipments get delayed and what happens if they do?
- Refrigerated vegan products such as meat and cheese alternatives are not considered hazardous foods by public health (unlike real cheese or meat) and temporary changes in temperature do not generally compromise the safety of the product.
- We do everything in our power to keep your products cold during transportation and get them to you as fast as possible. If something arrives spoilt, it is usually due to manufacturing issues (such as a broken seal), not due to transportation.
- We are not responsible for delayed packages. Once your order is shipped we have no control over unforeseen delays due to weather, peak season delays, etc.
- Before COVID, we would have been able to claim insurance for delayed shipments, but since the start of the Pandemic, delivery guarantees have been suspended by all shippers. Insurance can only be claimed for lost or damaged packages, not for delays.
- With all that being said, if your order arrives in an unacceptable condition, we ask that you email email@example.com. We will review your case and try to find an amicable solution.
How do I dispose of the shipping materials?
- Our insulated liner is entirely plastic-free and curbside recyclable
- The gel ice packs are non-toxic and very sturdy. Use them to keep your lunch cold and reuse them as often as you want.
- If you would like to dispose of them, the liquid can be poured down the drain. The plastic can be recycled (where applicable)