- 120 g of glacial clay mask
- Made with Pure Canadian Glacial Mineral Extract
- Removes oil and dead skin cells
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Improves skin texture
- With antioxidant botanical extracts
Why you’ll love it
This detoxifying and hydrating treatment is great for combating the effects of pollution. The glacial oceanic clay, naturally rich in minerals and rare earth elements, exfoliates and deeply cleanses, revealing softened, toned, and radiant skin.
What is Glacial Oceanic Clay
Nena’s natural oceanic clay is 100% all-natural. With Nena, you only get Earth’s finest product with no added ingredients while other facial clays
contain a mix of ingredients with very little clay. Nena clay exfoliates the skin, removes contaminants and toxins, and stimulates the regeneration of damaged skin tissue. The result? A softened, toned and rejuvenated skin. Nena is the way nature intended.
Glacial oceanic clay rests beneath a blanket of humus and is constantly refreshed by the ocean. It is accessible for harvest only once a year and with very strict governmental, environmental and community guidelines. This precious material is collected with strict adherence to Canadian environmental regulations and with every precaution taken to ensure that the pristine nature of this rare site is preserved forever. Ironwood Clay Company prides itself on harvesting this natural clay with zero ecological footprint, all-the-while helping the First Nations communities who make this process possible for us.
8 benefits of Nena Glacial Oceanic Clay
1. Rich in Minerals: This clay has been maturing off the west coast of Canada over thousands of years. Formed by the movement of glaciers, it contains more than 70 minerals unique to this part of the world.
2. Magnetic Clean: The skin’s impurities are positively charged, while the particles in the clay are negatively charged. When applied to the skin, the negative ions from the clay attract the impurities in the skin. When you wash your face, the impurities are removed with the clay ensuring a deep clean.
3. Reducing Pore Size: After removing the impurities such as oil and dirt from the pores, glacial oceanic clay also helps to reduce pore size, leaving the skin porcelain smooth.
4. Natural Skin Hydration: Oceanic clay uses its osmotic strength to pull moisture up from deep inner tissues to hydrate the face. It cleans the skin but does not dehydrate it as other cleansing agents may do.
5. Cleaning Barrier: Due to their minute sizes, glacial oceanic clay particles act as an emulsifying agent. They form a barrier around the oily particles on your skin, which then allows them to be removed effectively when you rinse your face.
6. Healing Properties: The clay acts as a dermatological protector, with anti-inflammatory properties, cooling and soothing the skin with each application.
7. Balanced pH: Glacial oceanic clay helps maintain a balanced skin pH with powerful buffering capability. It also helps to strengthen the barrier function of the skin to keep it healthy and beautiful.
8. UV protection: The clay’s minerals work together to form natural and long-lasting protection against UVB, UVA and UVC rays.
NENA is a natural skincare made with sustainably harvested and clinically proven Glacial Oceanic Clay from a pristine source in Northern British Columbia. Rich in over 60 minerals and botanical extracts, it helps cleanse, hydrate and nourish the skin. All of NENA’s skincare products are vegan and cruelty-free certified.