- 105 g of all-natural shampoo bar
- Refreshing. Stimulating. Uplifting.
- Hand-crafted in small batches in Canada
Why you’ll love it
Made with eight luxurious hair-loving oils, turmeric ground, and three beneficial essential oils, Ginger Shampoo Bar is handcrafted with all-natural ingredients and is 100% vegan. Not only does the Shampoo Bar produce a gentle, creamy and conditioning lather, it is also suitable for individuals of different hair types — the perfect treat for your hair!
Shampoo bar benefits
Unlike detergent-based shampoo, Nana+Livy’s Shampoo Bar does not strip hair and is made with all-natural ingredients — it is free of detergents, preservatives and synthetic fragrances or colours. In fact, your wet hair won’t feel so greasy even if the nourishing oils are left behind. All of their Shampoo Bars are eco-friendly and are wrapped in biodegradable paper only. Moreover, each Shampoo Bar can last up to 100 washes, way longer than liquid shampoo.
- Saponified Olive Oil: Being rich in nutrients and antioxidants, olive oil can help detoxify hair and tackle breakage with its rich, moisturizing properties. This makes hair stronger, healthier, and shinier. In addition, our olive oil has been infused with lavender buds and chamomile herbs for soothing and calming effects.
- Saponified Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is truly versatile as it is great for all hair types. Being rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, it is an excellent moisturizer that leaves hair soft, shiny, and silky. It also protects hair from heat, repairs damages, and breakage, and builds stronger strands.
- Saponified Castor Oil: Best known as the agent in helping with hair growth and fighting scalp infections and dandruff, castor oil is rich in vitamin E, minerals, and proteins. The antioxidants in castor oil support the keratin in hair, making it stronger, smoother, and healthier.
- Saponified Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is one of the most nourishing oils for hair as it is rich in vitamins A, B, D, and E. It can tackle dandruff, repair heat-damaged hair, and prevent future breakage.
- Saponified Sweet Almond Oil: Almond oil helps boost hair growth and reduce breakage with vitamin E, fatty acids, antioxidants, protein, and magnesium. It also helps to reduce inflammation, redness, and dandruff when rubbing it into the scalp.
- Saponified Pumpkin Seed Oil: Pumpkin seed oil is rich in vitamin A, E, biotin, zinc, and antioxidants. Not only does it nourish the hair and improve the blood circulation of the scalp, but it also helps to reduce the production of DHT, a hormone that causes hair loss.
- Saponified Grapeseed Oil: Grapeseed oil promotes hair growth with its beneficial proteins, minerals, and vitamins. Similar to pumpkin seed oil, it contains antioxidants that help block the production of DHT, a hormone that causes hair loss.
- Saponified Argan Oil: Originated from Morocco, the nutty argan oil, also known as “liquid gold”, is rich in vitamin E, fatty acids, and antioxidants. It helps block UV rays, protects hair from heat, and nourish and moisturize hair.
- Ginger Essential Oil: Ginger contributes to the health and cleanliness of the scalp, soothes dryness and itchiness, and enhances healthier hair growth by stimulating and improving circulation to the scalp.
- Lemon Essential Oil: The refreshing lemon essential oil is a well-known anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps stimulate circulation in the scalp for increased hair growth. It helps cleanse the scalp, removing dead skin, dirt, and dandruff.
- Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil: The lovely, uplifting litsea cubeba essential oil has a sweet citrusy scent and has a tonic and astringent properties that help balance an oily scalp.
- Turmeric Ground: Turmeric Ground is well known for its antiseptic and healing properties as well as its ability to improve skin complexion.
How to make your shampoo bar last longer
Handmade soap lasts a long time if kept dry between uses. Please use a draining soap dish and keep it away from direct streams of water.
About Nana + Livy
Amelia is the inspiration and innovation behind Nana+Livy Handmade Bath Treats, a handmade artisan bath and body shop based in Vancouver, Canada. The concept of Nana+Livy started out as a mere interest in soapmaking during her long and challenging maternity leave in 2017. As days went by, her passion for soapmaking has strengthened when she became fascinated with the discovery that healthy food ingredients can be transformed into bath and body products. Subsequently, Amelia turned her hobby into a small business in 2018, and named her brand after her two lovely girls, Natalia and Olivianne.
At its core, Nana+Livy is ushered by the idea of feeding skin of all ages and genders with everyday nutritious food ingredients. As an alternative to food intake, a selection of healthy food can be applied directly onto our skin for nutrient absorption. Every Bath Treat from Nana+Livy is designed, crafted and packaged with two hands, along with passion and pride for soapmaking. The brand is not just about fine craftsmanship from start to finish, it has also become synonymous with minimalism and sustainability. While the design of each Bath Treat appears to be minimal and timeless, our plastic-free packaging promotes zero waste and encourages the use of recyclable materials.