- 65g of natural deodorant made of bamboo charcoal
- Activated charcoal fights odor-causing bacteria
- Grapefruit & orange essential oils give it a wonderfully light scent
- Aluminum-free, propylene-glycol-free & paraben-free
- 99% natural ingredients
- Lasts 4-5 months
- Made in Canada
Detox your body with this activated charcoal deodorant
Ta-keh-su-mee is Japanese for bamboo charcoal. This stuff has been known for centuries for its odor controlling and detoxifying capabilities. This charcoal deodorant fights bacteria naturally and allows you to stay odor free all day. Activated charcoal has a porous surface that acts like a magnet. As a result, it can bind substances, such as bacteria and toxins and draw them out. This natural deodorant is also great for sensitive skin. Unlike many other aluminum-free deodorants it does not contain baking soda, which is a known skin irritant.
Why you should use aluminum-free deodorant
Did you know that sweat is actually odorless? You can blame bacteria for your body odor. When moisture remains on the skin, bacteria starts to grow and produces body odor. Sweating is a natural process of your body and has many functions like ridding your body of built-up toxins and cooling your skin. When you use aluminum-based deodorants, you block your sweat glands to keep you from sweating. Moreover, the aluminum in your antiperspirant reacts with the proteins in your sweat and produces and ugly yellow stain on your shirts.
How does the detox process feel like?
As with any detox, you may experience some effects while your body is adjusting. In your first week, you probably won’t feel a change. That’s because there are still a lot of toxins and chemicals in your body. In the second and third week, you may notice more sweating and a stronger odor than normal. This is completely normal. It is actually a sign that the detox is working! Your body is simply ridding itself of all the built-up toxins. After three to four weeks your body will have adjusted and you’ll be back to your old non-sweaty, non-smelly self (minus the toxins).
Still not sure? Read our blog post 5 Reasons To Switch To Natural Deodorant And What To Expect.
Detox tips and tricks
- Cleanse your underarms thoroughly 1-2 times per day
- Dry-brush underarm area once per day in circular strokes to increase circulation and massage the lymph nodes
- Avoid processed foods, as your diet has a substantial impact on your detoxing phase
- Sweat. Getting your glands to open up and start sweating will force the toxins out even faster
- Drink plenty of water to expedite the flushing of toxins
- Reapply deodorant throughout the day as needed
- Keep a detox journal. Making daily notes for four weeks will help you stay on track.
About Kaia Naturals
Kaia Naturals is a healthy beauty brand for busy people from Toronto. They’re all about creating natural and minimalist products such as their popular charcoal deodorants and bamboo wipes. With the help of their products, you can easily transform to cleaner, greener and kinder beauty products. Being a natural beauty brand, they’re also a certified cruelty-free company. They even support Community Veterinary Outreach initiatives. These initiatives provide free veterinary medical support for animals of homeless people.