- 65g of natural deodorant made of bamboo charcoal
- Activated charcoal fights odor-causing bacteria
- Grapefruit & orange essential oils give it a wonderfully light scent
- Aluminum-free, propylene-glycol-free & paraben-free
- Lasts 4-5 months
- Made in Canada
Why you’ll love it
We have formulated our deodorants with activated charcoal as it acts like a magnet to draw out toxins from your pores, while also fighting odor-causing bacteria. Our easy glide formulation dries to a clear powder finish.
Antiperspirants block the sweat glands, thereby preventing you from sweating. With natural deodorant, your underarms are free to breathe.
The body goes through a detox phase when transitioning from an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant. We found that the average consumer takes 2-4 weeks to fully transition, therefore we broke down the detox journey to a step-by-step process that you may experience. (see stages of detox) After you transition, use as a daily deodorant + detox to keep you fresh and odor free longer.
Why you should use aluminum-free deodorant
Did you know that sweat is actually odorless? You can blame bacteria for your body odor. When moisture remains on the skin, bacteria starts to grow and produces body odor. Sweating is a natural process of your body and has many functions like ridding your body of built-up toxins and cooling your skin. When you use aluminum-based deodorants, you block your sweat glands to keep you from sweating. Moreover, the aluminum in your antiperspirant reacts with the proteins in your sweat and produces and ugly yellow stain on your shirts.
How does the detox process feel like?
The body goes through a detox phase when transitioning from an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant. Kaia Naturals found that the average consumer takes 2-4 weeks to fully transition. After you transition, use as a daily deodorant + detox to keep you fresh and odor-free longer.
In your first week, as the activated charcoal formula starts to pull toxins, you probably won’t feel a change. That’s because there are still a lot of toxins and chemicals in your body. In the second and third week, you may notice more sweating and a stronger odor than normal. This is completely normal. It is actually a sign that the detox is working! Your body is simply ridding itself of all the built-up toxins. After three to four weeks your body will have adjusted and you’ll be back to your old non-sweaty, non-smelly self (minus the toxins).
Detox tips and tricks
- Cleanse your underarms thoroughly, e.g. with the Underarm Bar to eliminate bacteria on skin BEFORE applying natural deodorant.
- Dry-brush underarm area once per day in circular strokes to increase circulation and massage the lymph nodes
- Avoid processed foods, as your diet has a substantial impact on your detoxing phase
- Sweat. Getting your glands to open up and start sweating will force the toxins out even faster
- Drink plenty of water to expedite the flushing of toxins
- Reapply deodorant throughout the day as needed
- Keep a detox journal. Making daily notes for four weeks will help you stay on track.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The charcoal is grey, will it stain my clothing? Although it is grey, it goes on clear. There will be no white marks or yellow stains (which are caused by aluminum) as it is aluminum-free.
- Will I still sweat while using the takesumi detox? The takesumi detox is a deodorant that will help keep odor away; however, it cannot stop sweating as aluminum does (as it clogs the pores to prevent the natural process of sweating). Noticing a temporary excess of perspiration and odor is normal since your body needs time to rebalance to start working normally again.
- How long does the odor control last? The takesumi detox charcoal deodorant fights odor-causing bacteria for up to 12 hours.
- I’m a super smelly person what can I do? If you are needing extra odor protection while transitioning or for those intense workout days, use the takesumi detox underarm bar to give yourself an extra protective barrier from odor-causing bacteria.
- Is this deodorant only used as a detox? It starts off as a detox but after your transition, use as a daily deodorant. Continue to use the takesumi detox charcoal deodorant after you have fully transitioned, to continue allowing toxins and bacteria to not build up under your underarms. For extra protection, use the takesumi detox underarm bar on your smelly parts.
- Is this safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding? Yes! We take pride in having clean and natural ingredients in all of our products. Our the takesumi detox charcoal deodorant is safe for all women breastfeeding and pregnant as it is free of all harmful chemicals that would otherwise, absorb into your underarms.
About Kaia Naturals
Kaia Naturals is a healthy beauty brand for busy people from Toronto. They’re all about creating natural and minimalist products such as their popular charcoal deodorants and bamboo wipes. With the help of their products, you can easily transform to cleaner, greener and kinder beauty products. Being a natural beauty brand, they’re also a certified cruelty-free company. They even support Community Veterinary Outreach initiatives. These initiatives provide free veterinary medical support for animals of homeless people.